This is a page dedicated for bug reports.
When reporting a bug it’s important to add the following information.
- Maker version
- Script/Plugin name and version.
- List of other Victor Engine Scripts/Plugins being used.
- Error message (if the game crash). For RPG Maker MV, press F8 and send a screenshot of the console error message. (please, don’t paste the error message here).
- detailed info about the situation that caused the error.
- This is not the place to ask for support. If you have a issue with a script/plugin, ask it on it’s own post. To keep this area clean (wich is very important to keep track of wich bugs are fixed or not) only actual bugs will be approved.
- Incompatibility issues are not bugs. There are scripts/plugins that will simply not work together, I will check if the incompatibility is minor, but if it’s something major, specially if the issue is caused by the other code, there is not much I can do. It’s very improdutive to spend time messing with something that is working fine alone, just because a specific plugin/script not created by me is conflicting with it. You can post incompatibilities here, but they will not be prioritary.
- Don’t report compatibility issues listing dozen of plugins/scripts from other authors together. Filter wich plugins/scripts are causing the issues with the Victor Engine before reporting. If you post a list with 10 or more scripts/plugins from other authors, don’t expect me to find out wich ones are the issue. Remember: I didn’t do those plugins, so I have no idea of what they are about, so I have to study them. You don’t really expect me to study 10 or 20 different plugins/scripts from different authors to solve a issue that is not caused by my code alone, right?
- Provide links to plugins/scripts from other authors. Assuming that you followed the above instruction and found the plugin/script that is causing incompatibility, provide a link to the plugin/script being used. If you have the it, you know where it came from, so make my life easier by providing a link to the source. The easier you make it for me, the higher is the chance for me to looking into the issue and trying to find a solution.
- Reports with insufficient data will be removed without notice. Finding a bug can be hard, so help me to do so by providing all information you can. Like I said just above: The easier you make it for me, the higher is the chance for me to looking into the issue and trying to find a solution.
- Bugs solved will be kept here and will be tagged as solved, repeated reports will be deleted without notice
- Currently, my priority will be solving issues with the RPG Maker MV plugins. RPG Maker VX Ace scripts bugs might take longer to be solved, unless they are major issues.